Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Potato Chickpea Stew

This is so much more exciting and better than it sounds. It's got potatoes and chickpeas, yes, but also tomatoes and saffron and red peppers and onions and all kinds of delicious things.

I was happy because I haven't made this in a while, but could still remember how it tasted. I didn't have the recipe today, but I made myself stop at the store to get ingredients. I just guessed on the ingredients, and I guessed totally correct! The only thing I didn't get was fresh parsley. I remembered to get:
  • 1 pound potatoes
  • 2 cans chickpeas
  • 3 red peppers
  • 1 large can tomatoes
  • Onions

The rest of the ingredients I just had at home.

I remember when I first moved here, I did not feel competent as a cook at all, and I wondered how one got to be a really good cook. I just started doing it, and got better and better. I'm nowhere near 'great' or anything, but I'd call myself a pretty good cook now. Times like this, when I can guess pretty good at ingredients for a recipe I haven't made in two years, makes me grateful for all my practicing!

No comments: