Sunday, December 3, 2006

Week 3

This week's menu:
  • Turkey Cutlets with Mushroom Sauce (Epicurious)
  • Red Snapper Pot Pie with Mashed Potato Topping (Epicurious/Cook's Illustrated Light)
  • Bulgur Salad with Golden Raisins (adapted from Epicurious)
  • Green Beans w/Almonds and Bread Crumbs (Cook's Illustrated)
  • Asparagus w/lemon sauce (own recipe)
  • Braised Cabbage with Apples and Caraway (Cook's Illustrated)
  • Rice Pudding (CI)

Feedback from last week: no carrots just as a dish (but okay IN recipe). No more Brussels Sprouts. Would like a variety of veggies, but less of each. Loved the salmon chowder and chicken and brown rice.

Notes to self: I don't think I like red snapper. Kind of 'fishy' with a sharp scent. Mushroom sauce was a little salty, needed lots of adjustments. If we're going to do MORE veggies, then I need to come up with my OWN menu for the week so I know what I'm doing with the leftover veggies. This is okay, because at least I'll know what I'm cooking for the week.

Also: from now on, Cook's Illustrated will be CI

No comments: