Thursday, October 11, 2007

Birthday Pie

For Terri's birthday, I made her a blueberry pie (her favorite). I wasn't sure if frozen blueberries would be very successful, but I got out my favorite blueberry pie recipe (from Cook's Illustrated) and gave it a shot.

Using Lara's terrific pie crust recipe (which is the only recipe I've found that actually makes enough crust for a double-crust pie -- usually I am reeeeallly stretching it), I filled the pie with the defrosted berries, and put some loving touches on top.

(don't you love the cat food cans witnessing the show? I forgot to move them until it was too late)

Voila! The pie came out perfectly. The filling was not quite as sweet as usual, and I didn't have any tapioca so I used cornstarch, but it was still pretty good. And pretty darn cute.

Happy birthday, my sweetie.

No comments: