Sunday, January 7, 2007

Week 8

Apparently last week's menu was a hit. This week I had to make some extra dishes since I'll be away next weekend.
  • Chicken Pot Pie with Biscuit Topping (CI)
  • Minestrone (CI)
  • Stir-fried Asparagus
  • Sauteed Swiss Chard
  • Cabbage and Apples
  • Banana Nut Muffins

and then for next week (shorter menu)

  • Turkey Tetrazzini
  • Tsimmes (sweet potato, carrot, and apple bake, a Jewish specialty)
  • Fallen Chocolate Loaf Cake

I'm finding that the less fussy the menu, the more she likes it (I think... I don't get much feedback except when something doesn't go over well). So, that's good! This week I kind of went for easily-freezable comfort foods. I hope it works well.

One thing I am enjoying is the opportunity to try new things. Like the tsimmes. It's so yummy! Next time, I'd like to try to make a noodle kugel, I think. Jewish cooking is yum.

No comments: